- Rorrer v. City of Stow, No. 13-3272 (Feb. 26, 2014) (reversing grant of summary judgment to City and against plaintiff, a terminated firefighter with a non-work-related injury, on ADA claim; affirming grant of summary judgment for City on First Amendment and ADA retaliation claims).
- Bryant v. City of Chicago, No. 13-1142 (Feb. 28, 2014) (in appeal of dismissal of civil-rights suit as untimely, finding that district court abused its discretion by disregarding plaintiff’s timely discovery request and that court should have equitably tolled the statute of limitations).
- Hayden v. Greensburg Comm. Sch. Dist., No. 13-1757 (Feb. 24, 2014) (ruling that policy requiring boys, but not girls, playing basketball to keep their hair cut short constitutes sex discrimination under the equal-protection clause and Title IX).
- Dariano v. Morgan Hill Unified Sch. Dist., No. 11-17858 (Feb. 27, 2014) (affirming summary judgment for school in suit arising out of school’s requirement that students remove clothing bearing American flag after school officials learned of threats of violence).
- Kramer v. Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office, No. 12-4058 (Feb. 25, 2014) ( (in case arising out of alleged sexual harassment, reversing summary judgment for County on Title VII claim; affirming in other respects).
(Feb. 24, 2014-Feb. 28, 2014)